10/16/08

Surprise, Nobody Won

There was a zinger moment with McCain telling Obama that if he wanted to run against Bush he should have run four years ago. Besides that, McCain looked angrier, rolled his eyes, let out an angry sigh, and attacked Obama to not that much effect, at least in my opinion and you know I'm biased. Obama didn't win despite this. No quick and witty retorts to any of the serious attacks made by McCain. His Bill Ayers response was emotionally muted. That's good in a way but I'd guess the McConverted would take that as an admission of guilt. Anyways, I would have wished that he'd worked in the phrase "guilt by association" and had a quick association that would have embarrassed McCain followed by a declaration that he can bring up these things if he wants but he'd rather discuss the issues that affect the american people instead of playing the 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon with each other.

Obama did well by sticking to the issues and seeming to have more of a command and more specifics. McCain went back and forth between rhetoric (and we'll take care of those autistic kids and people and the government will open up their wallets for those young americans) policy/rhetoric (I'll reform the schools and I won't raise anyone's taxes to do it) and policy (I am against what Obama's tax policy will do to Joe Plumber!).

0 comments: