8/8/08

Wow! That was a Pain

I had put off doing the "Read More" a.k.a. expandable posts because it really felt like blogger didn't like me. I copied my exact working template from my other blog where I'd implemented expandable posts but for whatever reason blogger ignored the code when I made this blog. It pissed me off and I eventually gave up. So today I wrote an absurdly long post on a time.com article that dealt with emails proclaiming Obama to be the anti-Christ. So stupid me tries to get expandable posting to work on this blog. Used the blogger help instructions but they are kinda confusing if you know nothing about your template and what kinda code it is. Read some more and went to other blogs discussing it; their instructions proved to be easier but somehow I'd angered the template-checking google whatever and it kept red flagging my code. Nothing in particular except to say bad code. I'm cutting and pasting how can I go wrong! Maybe it had to do with the outage on blogger. That's my best guess. After about 2 hours of cutting and pasting and ditching my old template for a blogger pre made one, and many many foul curses later I got the darn thing to work. And just because I know it works I'm going to leave the code hanging. So if you click the read more link, there will be nothing more except a bigScrew your sucky-fucky, blogger CSS editor, Google!

0 comments: