12/12/08

Bailout Weary

So I wake up this morning and I read/hear the bailout of the big three isn't happening today or in the next few days because the bill died.  Whoop-de-do!  That followed by the markets opening really down today.  No duh!  I am so freaking tired of a bunch of whiney rich people arguing over money.  I am tired of anyone who wants to argue about money really, unless they're poor.  I want GM/Ford/Chrysler to have their money not because I think their cars are so great, but because I don't want even more people going from kinda poor to I've lost my house poor.  I was tired of talking to my parents when all they would do is relay to me their arguments over money.  Money isn't all it's cracked up to be, especially when it suddenly is worth a lot less than it used to be.  Family and health are probably two things to try to buy more stock in.  You don't necessarily need money for either of those...and wealth can't buy either.


The only good thing about the new news is that they finally stop boring me with the nonsensical linkage between Obama and Trump's cousin that happens to be the mayor of Chicago.  They're covering it like it's this huge crisis in the Obama presidency-elect.  That's the equivalent to me opening the fridge in the morning and realizing I forgot to buy milk yesterday.  It's not going to ruin my morning but it's an unfortunate oversight that I will give myself a mental kick for...maybe a few seconds or so.  They've been dragging it out for over three days now?  I haven't turned the television yet so maybe I've spoken too soon. 

0 comments: